Happy that 10 Travelling Tips received the Liebster Award nomination !!!
What is the Liebster Award ? The Liebster Award is an international award by bloggers for bloggers.
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued.
It is about reaching out to other bloggers, creating an opportunity to be more involved in the community, discover new blogs and connect with them.
10 Travelling Tips got nominated by Tomasz ( meczektravelblog.com ).
Thank you for your nomination !!!
Tomasz is a structural engineer with a passion for travel and outdoors.
He created his blog as a diary of his travels but also for those who are looking for travel inspirations.
His favorite quote is:
“The sea’s only gifts are harsh blows, and occasionally the chance to feel strong. Now I don’t know much about the sea, but I do know that that’s the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.”
Christopher McCandless (Into the Wild)
Here are the 11 questions Tomasz had for me:
1. What made you become a travel blogger ?
I love writing and i consider a blog a good start for it. Also, i’ve travelled a lot in the past 5 years as a flight attendant, so i wanted to share some of that travelling experience as well.
2. Which of your trips/travels would you repeat again without hesitation and which would you never do again ?
I would go back anywhere in Asia or Africa without hesitation, i would not go back to North Europe, it’s very very cold and it’s gets dark outside too early.
3. Sometimes during our travels we land in a secluded place where we feel very close to the mother earth. What was your best moment with mother earth ?
I had one of this moments in Cochin, India.
4. What destinations have most exceeded/failed your expectations ?
Exceeded my expectations: India
Failed my expectations: Japan
5. What is the best snorkeling spot you have been so far ?
Phi Phi Islands – Thailand.
6. Most exciting animal encounter during your travel ?
A tiger in Indonesia (Jakarta).
7. Have you ever been in real troubles or danger during your travels ?
Nothing that dramatic yet :).
8. Try to associate these 3 expressions with some of your travels/adventures: kindness, silence, happy people
Kindness – Nepal
Silence – Myanmar
Happy people – Bangladesh
9. Which travel books or movies would you recommend someone to inspire him to travel ?
Movies – Baraka, Samsara
Travel book – Eat, pray, love
10. Name 3 destinations from your bucket list and explain why do you want to visit them.
Peru – i want to visit Machu Picchu 🙂
Tibet – Everest, buddhism, monks
Cuba – for its flavour, love the colors of Old Havana, the salsa and adventure atmosphere
11. What’s your next travel destination ? Why did you choose this particular one ?
Going back home (to Romania) for holiday, i’m currently in Abu Dhabi – UAE. It’s good from time to time to go back home to recharge your batteries :).
Now lets nominate some more travel bloggers for the Liebster Award.
My Nominations are:
style-island.com – a cool blog by Bee Charmer that tells about herself: ” I consider myself less of a blogger and more of a narrator sharing and turning content into creative storytelling, with the city as my protagonist. The island is about the people and places that inhabit it, and the stories they tell. All told by one original islander. At heart, it’s a Woody Allen-esque homage to the city I love so dearly.”
laceandgraceblog.com – Tara is a lover of all the good things in life. You surely can tell that from her happy vibe and smile. “Lace and Grace is a lifestyle blog-featuring recipes, restaurant reviews, travel experiences, wedding tips, home decor and much more. It is kind of my public diary documenting my life.”
www.lifestylehunter.net – in Pilar’s blog you can find out how to boost your career with international experiences in order to achieve a better lifestyle. She gives advice on traveling the world while studying, working and volunteering in English and Spanish.
ericgamble.com – I just love the Bucket List Project, so inspiring for all of us. My favourite ones are from the project “The Helping Others List”. Eric Gamble is doing an amazing thing with his personal blog.
noodlebudget.com – Noodle Budget Traveler is written by Joseph and Piranan and is based out of Chiang Mai, Thailand. Joseph Graham has been traveling since he was 18 and hopes that the insight of the blog (which is meant to be a guide) will help the readers in their travels.
www.prakritivarshney.com – Prakriti Varshney is a Fashion and Graphic Designer living in Delhi, India with a great passion for travelling and mountains. She is currently working as a freelancer and her blog looks pretty awesome.www.lettersfromagoodfriend.com – Alix Good says that a fun fact about her is that if she could, she would eat pizza every single day ! 🙂 . Her vision for her blog is: “ for it to be a little glimpse into our crazy, messy, amazing, fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants life of adventuring, puppy snuggles, and pizza & wine date nights in.”
emulatingemily.com – Emily is a twenty-two year old psychology major, founding and running the blog EmulatingEmily.com, and co-running the Toronto-based flash fiction blog MidnightDrafts.com. She likes to travel and explore, and most importantly, she loves writing.
www.ramblingruth.com – Ruth is a writer and the reason why she called the blog Rambling Ruth is: “Because back in those heady August days, amid all the plans for wellness, I walked. I like walking to clear my head. I walk when I want to think through ideas I’ve been writing, when I’m stuck on plot or when I’m unsure what a character’s next move is. In those August days, I thought I’d discover walking routes and trails all around the country, spend time with my thoughts and, while I was at it, start a blog to record witty and insightful musings of a 30 something woman on the edge, though on the edge of what, I wasn’t so sure.”
And here are my 11 questions to the nominees!
- Which country left the biggest impression on you and why ?
- Show us your most beautiful travel photo.
- Do you prefer to travel alone or accompanied ?
- What is your no. 1 dream destination ?
- Where are you planning to travel this year ?
- What is your biggest fear while travelling ?
- What are the 3 items that always go in your suitcase ?
- What do you love most about travelling ?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now ?
- Tell us your favourite travelling quote if you have one.
- What motivated you to start your blog ?
RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including/displaying it in your post. The best way to do this is to save the image to your PC and then upload it to your blog post. There is plenty of Liebster Award pictures on the internet.
3. Answer the 10 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. These must be rather new bloggers. The definition of “new bloggers” is not really clear. I would suggest to nominate these with less than 3000 followers. I also strongly recommend to contact all bloggers which you have nominated and ask then if they accept the award. Be aware that not all bloggers want to play this game and some may refuse your nomination.
5. Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
6. Explain rules of The Liebster Award in your post.
7. Once you have written and published your post inform the people/blogs that you nominated that your post is finished so they can continue the chain and nominate next bloggers.
8. Very important ! Enjoy winning an award and pass this great feeling to your nominees!